|Nothing like a good old-fashioned night fight…|
I have no regrets about not studying for the 4.3 Patch–last night was a blast. Got through most of the new dungeons easy-breezy, and wasn’t too distracted by how beautiful they are. I can see how they can become tiresome later, but that is always the way, and not my problem now. Plenty of new content to learn and play. If I have any regrets at all it may be that I did play grasshopper a bit too much when others were being ants, but really, not sure it matters. I don’t like to farm, and making a lot of gold doesn’t appear to be a big priority for me. I do wish I could have glammed up with some new things I bought, but ya know? In time. It’s all about the pacing for me.
But, thought it was time to review the patch notes. These are the items that are important to my shaman, Mataoka “Please call me Matty and No I won’t be an Elemental Shaman but Might Try to Heal You,” Zeptepi the Confused Holy/Shadow Priest, Luperci the Reluctant Paladin, Haanta the Hillbilly Huntress, and Magadora “the Gas Tank” Mage.
- Improved Lava Lash now causes Lava Lash to spread a Flame Shock debuff from the target to up to 4 nearby targets. This excludes crowd-controlled targets and those who already have a Flame Shock debuff from the shaman.
- Improved Lava Lash no longer increases base Lava Lash damage by 15/30%. This increase has been rolled into the base Lava Lash skill.
- Mental Quickness has been redesigned. Instead of granting the shaman spell power, Mental Quickness now causes Enhancement shaman spells to behave as though the shaman has spell power equal to 55% of attack power. Enhancement shaman spells no longer benefit from spell power from other sources.
- Maelstrom Weapon can now also proc from fully absorbed melee attacks.
This I probably should have known:
Wind Shear’s base cooldown has been adjusted to 15 seconds, up from 6 seconds.
Oops. That would have come in handy during a certain rainbow dinner party fight.
Oh, guess I’m not so dumb after all: Mages
- Pyroblast’s initial damage has been increased by approximately 26%, and its damage over time has been increased by approximately 100%.
- Fireball damage has been increased by approximately 17%.
- Talent Specializations
Official Hour of Twilight Patch Notes
Blood Diamonds: Dangit, Blizzard. Why’d you have to go and make access to the wealth so much like real life? And with pepper spray, too?
I’m already enhanced.
Thank you RNGs:
- Players now only have to kill two of the four initial dungeon bosses (High Priest Venoxis, Broodlord Mandokir, High Priestess Kilnara, and Zanzil) to face Jin’do the Godbreaker.
- Players now only have to kill two of the four Troll avatars before they may face Hex Lord Malacrass.
And a few “What the hells?”: (Did I even have these spells? What the heck have I been doing?!)
- Priest – Holy
- Spirit of Redemption has been rebuilt to address a few functionality issues and make it more responsive. Spirit of Redemption otherwise remains unchanged.
- State of Mind has been redesigned and is now called Heavenly Voice. Heavenly Voice increases the healing done by Divine Hymn by 50/100%, and reduces the cooldown of Divine Hymn by 2.5/5 minutes.
- Guardian Spirit’s healing bonus has been increased to 60%, up from 40%.
- Holy Word: Serenity now has a cooldown of 10 seconds, down from 15 seconds.
- Priest – Holy
Paladins (I don’t think I’ve ever understood my hammers from my seals…yikes.)
Oh, I know one little dwarf hunter who is going to be PISSED: The achievement Tol Barad Veteran now requires 25 victories in Tol Barad, down from 100.
Here is the cautionary tale: If you begin to grumble about the grind of the game, all you need to do is stop grinding. Goals are wonderful to have, but when they lose their original purpose, they cease to bring happiness. That’s right, grasshopper. You just got fabled.
Yes, content of this post liberally borrowed from joystiq.