Well, damn. Glad I checked. Zep started off Holy, changed to Discipline, back to Holy, and then now Discipline again. I don’t know why. What I really wish is that she could be Shadow, Holy, and Discipline, but until I get to go all Slap-Happy Gnome on Blizzard, I’ll be left with only two.
She has really been struggling, and having some time to do some research this morning, I can see why. “She” was doing it ALL WRONG. But here’s the thing: I hate talents that do nothing, that have no situational goodness, and are a waste of a Tome of the Clear Mind.
7. Tier 6 Talents↑top
Tier 6 talents offer you a choice between 3 abilities that heal multiple targets.
- Cascade is a sort of chain heal. It heals an initial target (with the healing being greater the farther away that target is), and then bouncing to additional allies up to 4 times. Each time that the heal bounces, it splits into 2 heals. It can never heal the same target more than twice.
- Divine Star resembles a yo-yo, in the sense that the ball of energy travels in a path away from you (in front of you), and after reaching a certain point (24 yards away), it returns. Both on the first, as well as on the second trip, it heals allies in its path.
- Halo causes an effect around you, which expands up to a 30-yard radius. Allies who are inside it are healed, and the highest amount of healing is done to players who are at the 25-yard mark.
8. Tier 7 Talents↑top
Tier 7 talents offer you a choice of 3 ways of improving your healing.
- Clarity of Will is a large damage absorption shield, with a cast time and no cooldown. It lasts 20 seconds, and it does not apply the Weakened Soul debuff.
- Words of Mending is a passive ability that causes your healing and shielding spells to grant you a stack of Word of Mending. When you reach 10 stacks, your next targeted healing or shielding spell also casts a Prayer of Mending on your target.
- Saving Grace is a powerful, fast, and quite expensive single target heal. It is more efficient than Flash Heal, so to compensate for this, each time it heals it debuffs you, reducing the effectiveness of your heals and absorbs by 15% for 8 seconds, stacking up to 6 times.
9. Major Glyphs↑top
There are several Major Glyphs that are important to your gameplay.
- Glyph of Penance increases the Mana cost of Penance by 20%, but allows it to be cast while moving. If the encounter on which you are progressing requires you to heal on the move, this glyph is practically mandatory.
- Glyph of Weakened Soul reduces the duration of Weakened Soul by 2 seconds. This glyph is also mandatory.
- Glyph of Holy Fire increases the range of Holy Fire, Smite, and Power Word: Solace by 10 yards. It is useful for keeping up the required stacks of Evangelism.
- Glyph of Prayer of Mending increases the healing of Prayer of Mending by 60% on the first target, but causes it to have 1 fewer charge. This is an overall loss in total healing, so use it at your own risk.
So now back to the talent tree, where the intent of not having cookie-cutter talents has become EXACTLY THAT.