Both Dahahka and Syrco Owl nom-nom-nominated me! Now they have all the rules and stuff, and did it up right. I’ll nominate Plaid Elf, and then I’m take a lazy pass and ask her to look up their blogs for da rules.
My Questions (Dahahka)
- How often do you go out to a restaurant? I try to go about once a week with CD Rogue, but the job situation is going to put that on the kabash until for a bit. There is a little pub nearby, and the shots are big, the beer is cold, and the pizza hot. I can’t get annoyed with him over a cold Mac-n-Jack.
- If you could design the next playable race for an MMO (of your choice), what kind of race would it be? First, it’s not so much the race as the specialization. We need gnome hunters, druids, and shamans. But, since people be hatin’ on shawties, I suppose my first choice would be Vykrul. Helllsyes.
- You have to spend the next year in a different culture. Where would you choose to spend it? My babies were very, very big. The doctor asked if I had Samoan blood. I think anywhere around Pacific Islanders would be just dandy. I need way more “island time” thinking and much less “uptight caucasian time.”And more ghost chips.
The greatest gift you ever gave me, Dah:
- What kinds of things make you laugh in games? When my friend Señor tells a stupid joke, or when I see a player who is obviously marching to his or her own beat, and loving life.
- Is freedom really free? Oh paradoxes. Yes. Because matter is infinite.
- Name a book that was better than the movie, and a movie that was better than the book. This is a tough one, because I love to analyze both books and movies, and then use the other to synergize both ways. I love the Harry Potter series, but damn, love those movies too, and same with Hunger Games, Hobbit, etc. There are some movies that should never be books, like The Big Lebowski, or anything by Wes Anderson. I hear lines from movies in my head way more than quotes from books.
- If you had no access to a computer/tablet/phone for gaming, what would you do instead? Read a book. I’ve done that once in awhile.
- What is the best pizza topping? Only one? Sweet Italian sausage.
- Do you think raiding is a net positive or a net negative for MMO games? Net positive. *sigh* I think. Wait. Maybe.
- Favourite alcoholic (or faux-holic) beverage? Silver Patron Tequila.
- What is the one feature you would love to see in your game of choice that isn’t currently there? Chieves for stupid shit: going through 5 tanks in an LFR, or rolling 20 extra seals for gold = mount, shit like that. Oh, and more cross faction play.
Have at it!
My questions for them (Syrco)
- Why did you start this blog? Some days I really wonder. There are so many more interesting voices and talent out there. Tome is nicer, Navimie is insightful, Plaid Elf is kind, and Garrosh is just fucking awesomely talented. And he makes lemon squares. You are amazing, too. Hell, the real people behind blogs are far too numerous to mention. This is going to start sounding like an Oscar speech and cheesy music is going to play me off stage.
- What is your favorite thing to do in WoW at the moment? Burn stuff to the ground when I can.
- Name three bands/singers that would be in your dream festival lineup? Neil Finn, The 1964 version of The Beatles, and then…Neil Finn would sing just to me. Wait…I’ll be back in a minute.
- Where do you find inspiration for the names of your WoW characters? Well, Mataoka is Pocohonta’s “formal” name, and I just thought it sounded shaman-y: Zeptepi is an ancient city, Ceniza means ‘ash’ in Spanish, Momokawa is a kind of sake (another favorite drink) and Kellda is from the irreplaceable Terry Pratchett’s book, Wee Free Men. Godspeed Sir Pratchett.
- Which place in the world do you have to visit before you die and why? Tome and I are going to New Zealand and eat ghost chips. And wear our Helms of the Fierce Bison. (And do you know how much I EFFING LOVE when I Google Helm of the Fierce Bison that comes up right away!?)
- What are your hobbies (aside from blogging and WoW)? Hobbies..hobbies…hmmm…wrangling sloths, monitoring the culture, looking for device chargers, writing, and pretending I’m a witch.
- What would you like to see in a future WoW expansion? Just give me the damn loot, RNGs, and get over your bad self.
- Where do you see yourself in 20 years? Damn, a hot grandma? Hopefully not dead.
- Would you/do you play WoW with your children? Why/why not? They won’t play with ME. Pfft. Ingrates.
- What is one of your current goals for this year? Maybe put on my walking shoes and see if I can take my special sauce somewhere else. *shrug*
- If you could have a WoW NPC named after you, what kind of NPC would it be and what would it say/do? OH OH OH OH This is really it, and this would be SHOKEWL: I would be a librarian in all the libraries around Azeroth–you don’t have to go hunt down all the books to either get the pet or the chieve, you can just check out books from me for a small fee. I would be the Keeper of All That is Awesome, and have answers about interesting things to do and learn about Azeroth. And yes, I would be sexy.